Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sam turns 7



I recently noticed that Sam skips a lot. He skips while going to school, he skips going to the tram, he skips when we tour different cities, and he really skips in the mall when he gets to go to the toy store. After observing him for a bit I realized that Sam skips when he is happy.

It is the best feeling seeing Sam so happy and content. We've seen a lot of growth from him during this past year, and we're really proud of how much he has embraced our move and new life here. Switzerland seems to have brought out a more confident and adventurous side of Sam. He revels in our explorations, has a running tab of the countries he's visited, and he loves those European castles. As for me, I love Sam's dimpled little grin.

For Sam's birthday we had a party at our house with the boys from his school class (the kids were well enough to have it on the date originally planned). It was the typical birthday fare with games and cake, and everyone seemed to have good time. The funniest part was that 8 of the 9 boys gave Sam lego...I assume he talks about his lego obsession at school a lot. He was in heaven. I also loved hearing all of those little boys saying, "Samuel! Samuel!" in their different little accents. Too cute.

What a lucky family we are to have been given such a wonderful little boy.







6 comments:

Lori Ann said...

yay! I love when you blog:) Your son is SOOOO cute! 7 is such a fun age, I always feel like its the pay back for enduring the wild toddler years:) Keep posting you adventures and pictures of your beautiful kids!!!

erinmalia said...

so cute. have you seen the lego headlamps for kids? holy smokes they are awesome. check amazon.

The Wies Family said...

I can't believe he's seven already!!! I remember when you were pregnant with him...wow, time flies!!! He is so cute, Jess. He looks just like you! The party looks like a lot of fun!

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

Great job Jess! I can't believe our boys celebrated separately this year!

The Walkers in NJ said...

We just love our Sam! Eveything you mentioned is so true about him. What a great adventure he is on and what growth for him in the process! We miss him but we see how
wonderful this experience is for him. Happy birthday to our favorite 7 year old!

Beh-cky said...

yayy sammy boys 7! i miss my family so much.. i cant believe how quick they are growing upp---i love you!