Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sick once more

It's two days before Sam's birthday party and I'm sitting in my living room with my two youngest. Both have fevers and each has thrown up during the past 2 days. In the past, the "old me" would have been frantically disinfecting the entire house and stressing over whether the party will have to be canceled. Just ask any close relative to confirm this. Instead, the kids are plopped in front of a movie, and I'm feeling pretty calm about everything.

I realized recently that I'm starting to not stress so much over the little things which are out of my control. Whether this is due to our lifestyle change, or just because I'm growing up more, I'm not sure. Either way, it feels pretty liberating to feel this way.

I'm sure little Sammy will have his party, whether it's this week or the next. For the moment I'm going to sit and watch Finding Nemo with my kids and enjoy the fact that the pinata which I put many, many hours of blood, sweat and tears into making, might have another week to live.


I was going to do a "how to" post about making a pinata, so here you go: go to Target and buy one for $15. That is, unless you live in a country where they do not sell pinatas. Gluing on all of those little pieces of tissue paper was not fun. Oh the thing we do for love.

6 comments:

Sean and Jeannette said...

yeah, but your pinata is seriously the best!!! You're the best!

erinmalia said...

it is an amazing pinata, but seeing as though i do live in a place with target, i think i'll follow your tutorial next time.

good luck getting through the illness!

erinmalia said...

it is an amazing pinata, but seeing as though i do live in a place with target, i think i'll follow your tutorial next time.

good luck getting through the illness!

The Walkers in NJ said...

Your funny and talented!! Becca loved the talk...thanks so much!! your the best!!

Have a wonderful birthday party whenever that is Sam....much like my card that never came!

The Wies Family said...

Wow! I am super impressed! That pinata is incredible! I look forward to your tutorial.

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

You are a lunatic! I love it!