I typically think of myself as a peaceable person. I don't like conflict, and I usually try to avoid it. This is why I intended to avoid writing anything about the new Twilight movie. But after the prodding of a friend I have decided that I can no longer be silent. Let's just get it out in the air right now- I HATED TWILIGHT!!! I hated the crummy acting, the choppy screenplay, the hair and makeup, and especially the "special effects". I spent the entire two hours going between laughing hysterically to wanting to gouge my eyes out. Had it not been for the enormous box of Raisinets I kept pouring into my mouth, I don't think I would have made it through the entire movie. In all fairness, I'm not sure how much of this hatred is deserved. Don't get me wrong, I still think it was a terrible movie, but I'm not sure if my detest was fed from my being 8 1/2 months pregnant or the group of friends I attended the movie with (I'm talking to you Merry, Erica and Jill). Either way, I would advise against seeing this movie until they do the remake in 2030.
On a positive note, I was able to spend the weekend with one of my best friends from High School, Jill. She typically comes down to spend a few days with me in the fall, and this year it just so happened to be on the opening weekend of Twilight. On Friday night we joined a group of my girlfriends for dinner at a Thai Restaurant and then to see the highly anticipated (mostly by myself) movie. The next day we went to the National Air and Space museum in Dullas with Andrew and the kids. Jill seemed to be a good sport about having my kids jump all over her and tell complete strangers that her name is "Becky" and "Stinky" so hopefully this won't be the last of her trips.
4 comments:
Yay for finally updating the blog!! And BOO that it had to be on such a negative note for such an AWESOME show... So let's just delete this post, and move on to the Thanksgiving one because that one was great! You know my opinion on Twilight, so I won't say any more! ;) Haha just kidding. But it sounds like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving! That's fun Joe and Becca came down to visit you - Becca always looks so cute. But why is there no pictures of you on here, Jess?! I have been wanting to see a pic of you with your pregnant belly! I am sure you look so cute. I think we need a baby update... Yes??
Oh, and tell your friend that she is not alone - if you have managed to forget, my name was "Kristink!" Haha! Dan still calls me that to this day.
I completely agree with you! Only 2, out of like the 30 people I know that went and saw Twilight, actually liked the movie. Ugh.
Hey Jess you are way too funny. Most everyone is so obsessed with that book. My only book obsession right now is my math book and its driving me crazy! You are such a great big sister (don't take that the wrong way)to your siblings. They are so blessed to have you. Thanks for letting them come that weekend.They loved it!
Bah humbug!! :)
Post a Comment