Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

It’s hard to image a Thanksgiving better than Thanksgiving with my in laws. The day begins with the boys playing football, and leads into a massive gathering roughly consisting of 15 adults and 20 children. With that many children running around there is always some amount of chaos, but chaos in a fun way (yes, I know that is hard to imagine). And the food, ohh the food! Fortunately I married into a family which shares my affinity for food, and man, can they cook!

Andrew's Mom and Aunt Colleen (holding baby Annie)


Luke "performing" with his older cousins

Tradition holds that on the day following Thanksgiving the women wake up and join the masses for some therapy shopping and lunch out. This year I got the added bonus of having my brother Joe and sister Becca come down to spend the weekend with us. We took a quick jaunt downtown, visited the DC temple, and still managed to get in some more shopping. The weekend ended with the blessing of our newest nephew Jacob at Grant and Jen’s church, and was followed by a gathering at their house.

I love Andrew's pained expression in this picture...

In front of the White House

My baby sister Becca

My brother Joe and Sam in front of the DC temple

1 comment:

MH5 said...

I cannot believe that is Joe! The last time I saw him, he was this pimply, perverted, scrawny teenage boy! He looks great! I couldn't believe it was him! : )