If you've ever tried to take a picture in front of the White House, then you know how annoying the thick black fences are (see the pictures from the "Thanksgiving 2008" posting for an example). It is impossible to get a good shot without them. Well, not today my friends! Today, Andrew and I were invited to watch President Bush depart on Marine 1 from the south lawn. We were among a handful of reporters (at least they had really large cameras) and some other spectators (like us) as we stood about 30 yards away from the landing area by the back steps of the White House. We watched Marine 1 make its landing and President Bush exit from the West Wing to board the helicopter. Sam was a little anxious during the whole ordeal (we later learned that he thought we were going to board the massive helicopter ourselves), but the rest of us thought it was pretty awesome! Following the departure we were able to walk around the grounds and gardens a little bit. We are also slated to go on a tour of the West Wing this Saturday, so unless this baby girl decides to come early, I'm sure we'll have some pictures of that as well.
Wow! What an experience! Not too many people can say they've been inside the gates!! Your boys are so grown up and handsome, I love it! And I know your baby girl will be beautiful, too. :)
dang jess! that looks awesome. and thank you for following my order (haha, sorry) to post a picture of you!! you look cute as always! i can't believe she is coming so quick!!
3 comments:
Wow! What an experience! Not too many people can say they've been inside the gates!!
Your boys are so grown up and handsome, I love it! And I know your baby girl will be beautiful, too. :)
dang jess! that looks awesome. and thank you for following my order (haha, sorry) to post a picture of you!! you look cute as always! i can't believe she is coming so quick!!
What the heck? Is Andrew in the CIA now? How did you guys get invited to that?
Post a Comment