Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fall Fun

I think I may have passed my obsession with fall onto my kids. In the last month and a half we have graced pumpkin patches, apple orchards and numerous fall festivals. We've been doing this for years, but the difference is that my boys finally caught onto the hype and couldn't get enough of fall and all of it's wonderfulness! To feed this obsession we even checked out dozens of fall themed library books. Everyday Sam drew a handful of pictures filled with jack-o-lanterns, ghosts, and haunted houses. Halloween was also a big event with Sam dressed as Captain Hook and Luke playing the role of Peter Pan. My parents came down to trick or treat with us (along with some of our friends) in Grant and Jen (Andrew's brother and sister in law) and Andrew's parent's neighborhood. Unfortunately, my kids went through withdraw the moment the candy was gone and the Halloween decor came down (apparently turkeys and cornucopias are not as cool as bats and witches- that's news to me).

I know that winter doesn't officially begin for another month, but with the weather turning and the leaves quickly dropping, it seems like a good time to make peace with the fact we had a great fall this year. Ohh, and I can't end this post without mentioning the Phillies' World Series win and the immense joy it brought Andrew!





Yes that is Sam in a wig, and he loved every minute of it.

8 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

Jess those pictures of the boys at the pumpkin patch are absolutely ADORABLE!

MH5 said...

I love all of the pictures! You look amazing, and all of your boys are so cute! I'm so excited to be able to "spy" on you and your little ones now! : )

Erica said...

Cute pictures Jess!

Denise Mason said...

Jessica, I'm so glad you sent me your blog url! I can't believe how big your boys are, and they look just like you! They're so adorable!

the phipps said...

So glad that you caved into the pressure. It's a fun way of keeping in touch. Love seeing how grown-up your boys are. Stacy

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

Your kids are freakin' cute, of course I love to see my own kid too!

Logsdon Family said...

This is Vivian. Natalie gave me your blog address. I just started mine : )

The Vigue's Wild Ride said...

Hello, I am just a little older than Andrew, in fact I am Grant's age. just wanted to say "Hi" and good job on the blog. It looks great. My younger brother is Tyler Vigue. I saw you have his blog on your list. They had their baby on Tuesday, Little Henry. Pix are posted on his blog. If you or Andrew would like to contact me use my email andyvigue@yahoo.com. I have a blog but its private. If you'd like to see it just email me and I'll get you access to it. I'm a little bit of a security freak that's why its by invitation only. Anyway thanks for your time and Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!
Andy Vigue