Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Random Moments

Lice, Round 2. About a year ago Afton brought lice to our home, and I learned first hand just how horrible it really is.  In fact, while cleaning her head I kept muttering, "This is the WORST" over, and over,  and over. At one point Afton quietly asked, "Is having lice worse than someone dying?" Well, no. No it's not. That question certainly put things into perspective. Fast forward to now, and Afton has it once again! Horray for little girls who like to share hair accessories! The good news is that we caught it really early and miraculously no one else in our home got it either. Since I'm an old hand at dealing with lice now, I was also a lot more calm about it. I also have to say that the 45+ minutes I spend each day cleaning and checking her hair each day has allowed for some sweet bonding moments.

However in the future I hope we can do the bonding minus the lice.
















Spring Takeover. The weather here has been insane. Don't get me wrong, I love the warm temps, but the lack of winter weather has been odd. The kids are LOVING it though, and I'm trying to not think about what this means for our summer. I have a feeling it will be a scorcher.
















Valentines Day. This year's Valentines Day was a doozy. From the moment I woke up, until I went to bed, I was in nonstop "mom mode". On top of my typical daily routine, there were 3 class parties (one I was helping with) and a middle school carpool. Somewhere in between I managed to grab a bite at Taco Bell and give Andrew a quick kiss before racing off to cub scouts. How romantic.




Keepsakes.  I was sorting through the kids papers the other day and I came upon some extremely sweet "Odes" from Luke. One is more me, and one is for Sam. Both made me a little teary. 




2 comments:

Holman Girls said...

So sorry you had to deal with lice...again. It truly is the worst thing in the entire world. At least the worst thing I have ever had to deal with. There was an outbreak at the girls school last month, thankfully we escaped. I was just at the pharmacy this past week and saw a lice comb that has electric volts going through it that kill the lice on contact. Can you imagine :)

The Walkers in NJ said...

And after all that, as your sweet gentle hearted Luke put it you ARE Clearly AMAZING!!