Saturday, February 4, 2017

DC Car Show

Once thing I really miss about having little boys are the play phases they go through. Balls, trucks, dinosaurs, outer space....we went through them all and I mourned when they outgrew each one. The cool thing I'm learning now though, is that boys never really outgrow these phases at all! Lately all my boys talk about is cars, and I just know their younger Lightening-McQueen-lovin-selves are cheering on the inside!

When the boys got wind of the Washington DC auto show they begged to go. With nothing else to do on a cold January morning we decided to all head downtown and check it out. It was actually pretty cool, and after watching hundreds of men (Andrew included) get really excited over these cars, I'm realizing this is likely a lifelong passion.



What you don't see in the above picture is the elderly gentleman impatiently waiting for my kids to get out so he could have a turn at the wheel. Nope, not a phase at all.



No comments: