Monday, March 18, 2013

New York, New York


You know when you realize something, and you wonder why you didn't think of it earlier? I'm wondering why it took Andrew and me so long to ditch our kids with our parents and go away. We've done it on the rare occasion of a wedding or something, but only once before for the heck of it. BUT, about a month ago, we did do it just for the heck of it. We dropped the kids off at my parents house and then we headed up to NYC. We crammed in lots of sites, took in a Broadway show, and relaxed as much as two people used to traveling with four kids are able. 


World Trade Center Memorial
The last time I saw this site was about 8 years ago when it was still just a pile of ruble. I honestly was not prepared for how sobering the memorial would be. I thought it was absolutely perfectly done.




We also hit up Wall Street-

The Brooklyn Bridge-


a showing of Wicked (LOVED THIS SHOW!)
And a tour around Times Square and Rockefeller Plaza. I was seriously dead on my feet at this point- just another testament that my children have sucked the youth right out of me!). This place is stimulus overload at night.




We spent the better part of the next day at The Met. Holy Cow. You could spend days- weeks- in that place. It is crammed with so many amazing exhibits, and after several hours of trolling, I still felt that we had barely scratched the surface. I would love to take our kids here one day.





We ended our day with a stroll through Central Park- it was perfect. And since we had such a great experience, we made arrangements to do it again this summer. Only this time it will be for 9 days and we are headed back over the Atlantic. If I can get my anxiety in check with will be awesome. Thanks Mom and Dad!

4 comments:

The Walkers in NJ said...

Thanks for going away and having a good time and leaving the kids with us!! Looking forward to those 9 days!!

Danielle said...

Are you headed back over the Atlantic for a vacation or a move?

The Walkers in NJ said...

GOsh you are such a babe i just wanna wrap you up and eat you for dinner

The Walkers in NJ said...

OK!!!- So if Ashley or Becca posts one more weird thing under our name-well I don't know....help me think of something!