Friday, March 22, 2013

Peter's Surprise 30th

If you want to experience one of the most precious sights in the world, throw a surprise party for someone with Down Syndrome. Watching my brother-in-law Peter's face as he walked into our home and saw his friends and family yelling "Surprise" was one of the best moments of my life. Too bad I pressed "stop" instead of "record" on my video camera as soon as he came in!

The theme of the party was obviously "Peter" and he sure got a kick out of it. I took some goofy pictures of him a couple of weeks earlier and I added all sorts of hats to the images. My sweet mother in law provided the food, and a ward member even did a magic show. It was a great night to enjoy each other's company and to celebrate this guy who we are all crazy about. At the end of the evening Peter even came up to me and said, "Thank you sooo much for inviting all my friends". Precious.







Above, Peter conducting as we sang Happy Birthday. Below, Peter cheering as soon as we finished. I think this image will always bring tears to my eyes. Best. Picture. Ever.



No comments: