Andrew really should be the one writing this post, but given that he's never written on this blog before, I don't see that happening. Thus is falls to me to chronicle what seems to be the highlight of Andrew's life Swiss adventures.
Last month Andrew and his two friends Jan (pronounced Yon) and Jason did an overnighter and hiked a via ferrata. Rather than try to explain something I really don't understand, I'll let wikipedia do it:
Via ferrata (Italian for "iron road") or klettersteig (German for "climbing path") is a mountain route which is equipped with fixed cables, stemples, ladders, and bridges.
Clear? Cool.
The boys, excuse me, men, had the time of their lives, and talked about their manliness for days afterwards. (This is the same group of guys who make a point of seeing movies such as "Thor" and "The Avengers" together, and I'd bet money that they quoted those movies the entire time up.) At any rate, it seemed like an amazing experience and I'm glad that they were able to do it. And if you are wondering what the wives got out of this deal- it was a kid free day in France a week later.
2 comments:
Sooo impressive Andrew! It is no surprise that you have utilized your hiking and mountain skills while there in Switzerland!
That sounds awesome! I would have done it with them! Although a kid free day in France sounds pretty great too :)!
Loved seeing you this weekend!!
Post a Comment