Friday, July 6, 2012

Nice and the French Riviera



It's possible that France could be my favorite European country... if it weren't filled with French people. Don't get me wrong, we have met some wonderful Frenchmen, but as a whole, I've never met such crabby people! My favorite incident from this past trip was when we were at a bakery ordering pastries. The shop worker rang us up, and when Andrew asked if we could add one more pastry to our order she threw a mini hissy fit. Holy cow, you would have thought he was telling her we didn't want anything at all. The huffing and puffing and shoving of the extra pastry into the bag was comical. What do you say to that? I'm sorry?!

But, my opinions of the French can be saved for another day. I do love their country, and that is that.

We spent 3 full days in the French Riviera last week, and thanks to the wonder that is Easy Jet, travel hardly cost of anything at all. In fact, our plane tickets were so cheap (30 chf per flight) that we decided to fly to Barcelona from Nice. The best part is that the flights were only 1 hour each. The downside to our trip was that is was planned for the end of June. It was HOT and our hotel did not have air conditioning. Somehow we survived.

We split up our time between Nice and Villefranche-sur-Mer. Afton was sick one day, so Andrew and the boys also went to Monaco.
Villefranche-sur-Mer


Nice


On day 3 we went back to Villefranche and rented a boat. I'm not gonna lie, as we boated along the coast I felt a little like Brad Pit and Angelina Jolie. Maybe a more ghetto version...but still.

Monaco


And lastly, the Marc Chagall Museum. Be still my heart, I love me some Chagall.

5 comments:

The Walkers in NJ said...

ok.....OH MY GOODNESS!! we obviously left prematurely and missed the rest of the trip. Just fabulous looking!

The Walkers in NJ said...

I want to keep commenting such as Clara sitting on the beach: adorable! Luke hugging Sam: precious! and Afton with the Mediterranean sea in the background: exhilarating!

Danielle said...

Again, I am so jealous of your life!

Colleen Henrichsen said...

So glad to see you received the bathing suits. They look adorable (if I do say so myself).

Jon and Emily said...

Nice? Monaco? I'm just dying right now! That's all I have to say!