As I mentioned in my last post, we went straight from Nice to Barcelona, which was wonderful. We found the art and architecture in this city inspiring and the general vibe exciting. Plus, after living in Switzerland for 2 years, I can't even tell you how giddy I was seeing stores open past 6 pm. Really, it was thrilling. Each of our kids were sick in Barcelona, but it really wasn't a big deal since we had an apartment at a great location. Andrew and I just took turns going out and in some ways it was more relaxing since it forced us to slow down.
Barcelona Old Town and Las Ramblas
Parc Guell
Luke and I took a little date to this large park which overlooks the city. Lots of movie scenes are shot here, so you may recognize the terrace area which was designed by architect Anotoni Gaudi. Luke and I loved the mosaics!
The Harbor Front and Columbus Monument
The shot of my kids cracks me up because it is impossible to get a shot of them all together.
The Block of Discord
I studied Gaudi's work in college, and seeing it in person was even better than I expected! I left Barcelona a true fan of his work.
Sagrada Familia
We stayed a couple of blocks away from this church, so we were able to see a lot of it. It was of course designed by Gaudi and was started in 1882. It still isn't completed and is expected to be finished in 2028. The inside was a little too much for me, but Art Vandelay, I mean Andrew, L-O-V-E-D that place.
This was the last of our "big" trips during our time here in Europe, and I'm happy that we finished on a high note!
2 comments:
These pictures are amazing.. still can't believe the life you lead! The picture of all four kids together is fantastic. Where did Clara come from? Those beautiful blue eyes! Can't wait to meet her and see Sam, Luke and Afton again!!! Let the countdown begin!
The girls are getting so big and I love thse beautifully detailed pictures of Spain!
Post a Comment