Thursday, January 26, 2012

Passport Photo Blunders

We finally have a passport for Clara, and let me tell you, getting her passport picture was no easy task. We were warned off from the photo booth machines and told by the embassy to go to a photographer. Great, except that the photographer I called wouldn't take Clara's picture unless she was sitting up on her own. Ummm, she is 2 months old. The next option was for me to take a picture myself and have the photographer print it off for us. All for the steal-of-a-deal of 40 Swiss Francs! We did this, but only after having about 10 pictures rejected. It's not fun photographing a baby to look straight forward with her mouth closed and hands down. The picture below is as close as we got.



While sorting out Clara's papers I stumbled across some of our other passport pictures. We've had about a billion taken for different things here, and these were just too awful not to share.

Did I ever post about the wild night out Andrew had in Basel? I have the mug shot below as my proof.


Andrew's second attempt is still a little ghetto gangster, but at least he doesn't look like he has been partying all night long.



The passport photo booths are not easy to use with kids! You have to plop your child in the seat and hope they don't turn out looking like the picture of Luke below. For some reason the Swiss residency office wouldn't accept it. That was 8 francs down the drain.



I by far am the worst photo taker of the bunch. The photo on the left below is on my residency card here, and the photo on the right is my Swiss drivers license. I don't even know what to say about these except "gag".


I saved the best for last though. This is my ID card for Andrew's work. I look like a straight up alien. And a boy alien at that. I have no idea what I was thinking at the time, or better yet, what face I was trying to make. If you are left asking yourself if I have any shame after posting these, the answer is no, no I do not. As I've said before, it left the moment my kids were born.

9 comments:

Kim Jon and kids said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I need you back in my life!!!
The End

Lori Hinsdale said...

I love all of your pictures! The last one especially. And THANK YOU for your awesome recipe which I plan to try ASAP. And update every day!! I love this blog!!

erinmalia said...

holy crap. this was by far, the funniest thing i've seen all day, and probably all week. you totally look like a boy! which is so weird. and those others don't even look like you. so dang awesome. can't wait to show chuck. :)

erinmalia said...

phew. chuck also had a good laugh. seriously so funny.

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

Blunders??? Those are all keepers in my book!

The Walkers in NJ said...

Dad and i just had a great laughing! Jess by the look in your eyes, you seriously look like you are about to take flight somewhere!
And, Andrew is the exact opposite....more of a "chill out man" look! too funny! :)

Holman Girls said...

Made my day!

Sean and Jeannette said...

Jess, I am laughing SO hard right now. I would love to sit down with you someday and SHOW you first hand my FAILED attempts at any card/passport with a picture on it. Passport? 8 months pregant, grown out highlights in my hair. Costco card? I have no neck. Sams Club card? I have no face. Bank of America card? I have curly hair, and I look middle eastern. My first drivers license? adolescent Native American BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erica said...

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!