Friday, February 10, 2012

Baby It's Cold Outside

Europe is going through a cold spell, and I can attest that it is freezing here. I'm looking forward to warmer days filled with walks in the park, but until then, we just have to content ourselves with winter activities. As a matter of fact, Andrew is currently sledding with the 3 oldest.

A couple of weeks ago Afton and I joined friends at the Basel zoo to see the penguins go for a walk- which they do daily during the winter. It was one of the coolest things I've seen!




We've also had a little snow which the kids are thoroughly enjoying. The cool thing is that unless it is really icy, the boys still have outdoor recess at school. That means that each day they truck to school in their and snow gear. They love it.



While we have been "enjoying" the freezing weather, Andrew was able to go to Sydney for work. Somehow he squeezed in a ton of touristy stuff- including touring the Opera House, going on a harbor cruise, and renting a long board to go surfing (luckily he was not attacked by a shark, that happened the day after he went to the beach). After seeing Andrew's pictures though, I'm not so sure there even was a meeting. He loved it there.


5 comments:

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

That Penguin Parade is neat-o! I love how Afton is like the same size as the birds. And Andrew is killing us with all of his awesome trips!

Stephanie Saunders said...

There probably wasn't a meeting. I'm convinced that whenever they say they have a "meeting" somewhere they're just making it up.

Once Kent had a conference in San Diego. I all but begged him to see if his parents could watch the kids so I could go with him. He said, "No, I'll be too busy to do anything anyway. I'll be in conferences all day."

Somehow they managed to fit Sea World and other fun stuff in...

Pia Williams said...

I sure hope by the time I and Alison come to visit Switzerland, it's a bit warmer.... I can't believe the life your husband lives...Business trip to Australia...it is amazing he gets to do some touristy stuff. He seems to know how to carpe diem..good for him. who knows when he will ever be down under again...

The Walkers in NJ said...

Afton and the Penguins! love that pic! And when I saw the hills in your backyard, I longed to be there again!

Eisha said...

I am pretty sure that is clovelly beach... that is where I caught my blue bottle jelly fish! He did ok--but if we were there he would have petted a kangaroo and held a koala...and climbed the harbour bridge! Heart ache we weren't there by a week!