Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Baby Blessing



On December 18th Andrew gave Clara her baby blessing at our church. Without any immediate family present we were fortunate enough to have Andrew's good friend Bryan come and join us. Bryan and Andrew were best buds in high school, and Bryan moved to Heidelburg, Germany the same time we moved here. Andrew of course gave Clara a beautiful blessing and it was a lovely weekend- even with Andrew and Bryan sometimes reverting to their high school selves.





I'm submitting this gem below to awkwardfamilyphotos.com



Clara in her blessing dress- the same one Afton wore. Thank you Aunt Coco!



And a couple more pictures of Clarabelle. That's right, the inevitable nickname "Clarabelle" is already being used. That, as well as "Clarinet" (thanks Abby!) and "Clara Platz" (a place in Basel).


8 comments:

Lori Hinsdale said...

Clarabelle is beautiful!! Also, I LOVE that picture of Andrew, his friend, and the kids. You should send it in to awkward family photos with the title "A beautiful same gender couple raising 4 kids" ;) I am sure Andrew and Bryan would love that!!

Kristin and Dan said...

She's beautiful! How nice of Andrew's friend to go out to be with you guys for it. Can't wait to meet her!

erinmalia said...

it totally looks like "my two dads!" awesome. congrats on the blessing too, of course.

The Walkers in NJ said...

Clara(nette) is a beautiful gem all in her own right! We feel so blessed to have yet another beautiful grandchild born into our family. Clara's birth was definately a huge highlight of our 2011!!

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

So cute! And for reals? Her hair is red? Love it! Also your house looks cute with all of your Christmas decorations!

Amazon Mama said...

Nice photography Jess!

I love reading your stories!

Amazon Mama said...

I think Clarinet is a good name!!!!!
-Anika

Tracie Bramhall said...

Who is the handsome red headed Euro guy...rarrrrrr!
I am jealous...would have been fun to be there with you guys!!

Dave