Sunday, January 23, 2011

Zurich for a day

We only live an hour away from Zurich, but up until 2 weeks ago, Andrew and I had never been. No, I take that back. I have been there to pick up people from the airport, and Andrew is a frequent patron of both the Zurich train station and airport. We've also driven through the city a few times on the way to other places, but we had never actually walked through Zurich and enjoyed the sites.

We finally made it to Zurich this past weekend and we found it beautiful, diverse and just large enough to fill up a whole day. Now I understand why people love this city so much. We also lucked out with beautiful weather (upper 50's and sunny!),





The clock tower in the right picture below is the largest in Europe. Andrew and Sam also climbed to the top of the cathedral in the left picture below.



4 comments:

The Wies Family said...

Jess, your kids look so grown up! I just love little Afton! She is so beautiful! Cute, cute kids!

Lori Ann said...

Every time I read your blog, my very first reaction is a sigh of jealousy. These will be the days you and Andrew tell your grandkids about one day! See everything, take a million pictures, because when you get home we are totally having a reunion and I want to hear EVERY single detail about EVERY single city!!!

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

I am jealous of your warm weather it is FREEZING here. But also I bet you were able to see mountains while you were there. It was foggy when we came in and foggy when we left. Stinkin clouds!

The Walkers in NJ said...

Zurich is beautiful!! We only caught glimpses as it was covered in white as we sped along in our train, wondering why it was so comfortable to find out near the end we were in first class and had to walk to the back with our luggage the last 10 minutes or pay 2oo francs more!

Anyway makes me want to come back real soon, especially seeing the kids sitting on the wall. Becca just made it our background pic.

love and miss our little darlings!