Recently, after looking at this blog, my sister-in-law asked me if our children ever misbehave while sightseeing.
Ha! ha, ha, ha.
With our 3 kids, chances are that someone is either whining or crying (and no, I'm not just referring to those 7 and under). Managing those rascals during our travels is exhausting, and If I am able to take in 40% of what is around me, I count that as a success. I snap pictures like crazy, so that when we get home (and after the kids are in bed), Andrew and I can go through the pictures to fully appreciate what we were able to see... or not see.
So, in the interest of full disclosure, I would like to set the record straight on this unintentional, "perfectly-well-behaved-child" deception.
Below Left: Sam is actually a pretty good sport- unless he is hungry or has to use the bathroom. At that point, all reason goes out of the window with him.
Below Right: You'll notice that Andrew carries Afton in a backpack a lot. What you don't see are pictures of her screaming in his ear like the one below.
Below Right: You'll notice that Andrew carries Afton in a backpack a lot. What you don't see are pictures of her screaming in his ear like the one below.
Luke uses a different tactic to express his anger or frustration in public: he throws himself on the ground in fetal position and refuses to move. I try to be discreet when I kick him to get up.
The picture below was taken in Neuschwanstein castle. We were prohibited from taking pictures inside, but since I had to leave the tour due to Luke's tantrum, I figured I might as well get something out of it.
While in Munich my friend Merry and I decided to take our kids to an art museum while our husbands went on a "Third Reich Tour". Our kids wrestled the whole time (see below- Afton is tackling Truman), while Merry and I did our best to view the art. As soon as I laid eyes on one of the most exquisite pieces in art history (Albrecht Durer's Self Portrait), Afton started screaming at the top of her lungs. I was left with 30 seconds to view the painting, and then forced to run out of the museum still drooling over it. It still breaks my heart to think about.
We also give our children "timeouts" a lot while in public. (Below is Sam, Luke and Truman getting a timeout in France.)
15 comments:
Oh TOO FUNNY Jess! Love it.
Love the pictures....its all sooo familiar!!!
Dave
PS- ask Andrew about the time Ryan and I took him skiing!!!
Awesome! Oh, when will our vacation with out kids happen?
i'm so sorry to be laughing as hard as i am, because i totally get how frustrating this must be for you. but it's funny for everyone else, so thanks for sharing.
I am seriously laughing out loud right now. For real! I thought about starting a blog specifically to capture the photo "out takes" of my clients, as well as my kids (heck, me as well!!!) I can't tell you how many pictures are ruined because of slimy green snot hanging down kids faces. Funny thing, as I was reading this, Isaac was convulsing on the ground in one of his tantrums. Lovely!
Oh my gosh! This ranks as the funniest blog post I have ever read! I love that your children have gotten time outs in various countries. I love the 'behind the scenes' look. This is why you need to blog EVERY day..so entertaining!!
Just for the record; screaming kids and all, I am still super jealous of your life!
Hahahahahah!
Hilarious post. Timeouts in France sounds like a movie or book title.
These could be the best pictures yet! I cannot stop laughing! The one of Sam sitting by himself with his pouting lip is priceless!I"Why yes, yes it is." Your awesome Jess!
you officially left me speechless, saying those pictures are hilarious would be the understatment of the year
One of your best posts EVER. This is hysterical. I think I'm just going to start posting busted crazy pictures that make no sense. They are so much more entertaining!! LOVE IT!!!
Ahahahahaha! That is hilarious! Kya is like Luke, except that she doesn't just curl into fetal position, she actually falls on the ground and starts screaming and thrashing around- It is awesome.
I LOVE this post! Now I can keep reading. ;)
I love you guys!
Andra
im peeing myself right now
FOUND THE POST!! LOL oh my goodness - i am sooooooooo glad to see that my kids aren't the only ones that do the fetal position on the ground and scream bloody murder!! LOL I love it!!! too funny (of course not while experiencing it all) ;)
Post a Comment