Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lausanne and Montruex


Lausanne and Montruex, you stole my heart. With a sweeping panorama of the Swiss Alps, Lake Geneva, tropical vegetation, and endless miles of vineyards, I could not imagine a more romantic destination.

Too bad Andrew and I had to share it with the children.

Kids in all, we had a fabulous time. It took us a little more than 2 hours by train to reach Lausanne, and from there another half hour to reach Montruex. This is the French speaking part of Switzerland, and on an interesting side-note, we found the people there to be a little more friendly then their German speaking counterparts.

Once in Montruex, we toured the Chateau de Chillon. The kids enjoyed the castle dungeon best, which was pretty cool as it was right on the water. I was a little nervous when we were in the tower overlook, and once again my legs locked up and I had a shooting pain in my upper thighs! (My fear of heights only seems to intensify when my kids are with me.) After the Chateau tour we took a ferry boat back to Lausanne where we toured around the city. I loved this city (which is known as the "Riviera") and can't wait to return!

Chateau de Chillon


The entrance to the dungeons



One of the key hole windows

The view from the highest room, in the tallest tower...

Lausanne


4 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

Oh my BEAUTIFUL!!! Once again, you're living in the middle of a postcard!! That place looks sooo gorgeous! Can't wait to come visit next year!

erin leigh said...

Jessica...seriously I'm convienced your some sort of gentic freak. You look amazing! I can't even believe you've had three kids!!! You don't look any different then when we were in y.w! NOT FAIR! I'm super jealous of all the adventures your having..that's awesome that you and Andrew are taking total advantage of living over there

Jennie said...

I've got to stop reading your blog. I get more and more insanely jealous every time. Vegas is great right now lol. 90 degree high for tomorrow...in october!!! Ahhhh, And so pretty like Switzerland lol.

Jon and Emily said...

You are living my life! How did this happen?