Remember that virus I mentioned in my last post? The one Luke had, and the one I thought the rest of us managed to avoid? Yeah, it totally kicked our butts. One by one we all got sick, including Andrew who came home on Friday. Really, if you think about it, it was only fair that he get his share of the sickness too. (Kidding!!! Well, kind of.) Everyone is better now, so it is all good.
Andrew got home safely and I think he enjoyed himself. True to form, he did lots of sight seeing before and after his meetings. Stockholm was what Andrew was expecting (it was nice-he ate lots of Swedish meatballs), but Singapore surprised him. He really wasn't expecting the heavy western influence found there. It is very beautiful country, but Andrew's assessment was that if you want an Asian cultural experience, Singapore is not the place to go.
Here are some of Andrew's pictures from his trips-
--Stockholm, Sweden--


The picture below proves that no matter how much you think you know a person, you can never
truly know anyone. I would NEVER in a million years peg Andrew for someone who would ask a random stranger to take his picture. I was dead wrong.

The royal palace

Who has heard of Sweden's Prince Carl? Why does anyone talk about those British princes with this guy around??? Is anyone else baffled?
--Singapore--
Below is a picture of the hotel where Andrew stayed. Insane right?
The flat thing on top is actually a pool (shown below).



A pergola ride above the forest

There he goes posing again- who is this guy?

Singapore's Chinatown

And finally, Afton modeling the little outfit her Dad bought her in Chinatown. I was a little disturbed at the pose she struck once I got out the camera. Also, I didn't think she deserved this gift given that 12 hours earlier she broke my Kindle. Oh that baby!
12 comments:
I think she should be grounded until age 17 for the Kindle incident! (or until all of her allowance money pays for a new one!) Prince Carl is HOT! Andrew is a lucky guy to get to see the world. My job only allows me to see Rockingham County, North Carolina. Hang in there, captain! It sounds like you are holding it all together under less than ideal circumstances! Looking forward to "all things swiss, part 2"
First of all, that prince is hot! Second, that hotel pool is amazing. Third, that child is adorable. And Fourth, one week my friend, one week!
that pool/hotel is awesome. and i've heard that about singapore. apparently there's no crime and it's a really beautiful place to be, so maybe not representative of the asian experience (except for maybe japan).
i'm still laughing at you being so surprised by andrew. :)
ohhh my goodness the blogs keep getting better and better. Seriously, i am peeing myself at andrew posing in those pics alone haha. Umm that hotel in insane, i am in all at that pool, and I just cant wait to sqeeze afton to death when I see her again. I MISS YOU GUYS!!! You email blowed by the way. Very disapointing.
Sweden and Singapore look fascinating, though that pool looks terrifying! Prince Charming is very good Looking, but baby Afton is the most gorgeous princess of all! love the pose!!
I say Go Andrew for getting his picture taken! Scenery pics are great, but you always need to be in some to prove you were actually there! :)
By the way, that pose cracked me up! I love it.
P.S. I asked Chuck if he would have strangers take his picture while traveling alone and he said maybe. That Chuck. Such a decision-maker.
Andrew's pictures are amazing! Everything over there looks so beautiful~ I am definitely living vicariously through you at this point! ;)
haha I LOVE Afton in her outfit! And that pose! haha She is too cute. I need Liz to make some poses like that.
My mom's out in Utah for the week and she's already seen Joe and Ashley! So jealous!
Thanks for reminding me to take pictures with my broken camera...I have to do it! You're right, my parents or my in-laws have to take pity on us at SOME point ;)
Love you and miss you!
Hahaha..I couldn't stop laughing at Afton's posing. I can't believe she broke your kindle! Uh...I'm about to google his hottness Prince Carl.I mean hello..why hasn't American crap media been keeping us updated on that little morsel. I loved Andrew's pics..I'm super jealous of his traveling!
You guys are living it up! I think I would be scared to get in that pool. Oh no about the Kindle. Grant got me one a couple of weeks ago. I finished Mockingjay last night and so am trying to decide what download for my first book. Any suggestions?
It is true, that guy is hot!
Looking and reading your blog REALLY makes me want to do some serious travelling. I'm going to start saving now so I have no limits on what I do. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pictures and adventures.
Yes that Prince is a hottie.
Post a Comment