When we first arrived we went to the outdoor market, which is one of the many things I love about Switzerland. The markets here are quite charming, and every time I go I want to buy things I would typically never consider buying, like strange-looking sausages. I guess the markets are catered to suckers like me. We also took a steam boat on a two hour loop around a portion of the lake. Along the way the boat stopped at little port villages and allowed people to get on and off. We disembarked at one such port village and took a roller-coaster-like train car to the top of one of the mountain/cliffs overlooking the lake. I'm deathly afraid of heights and nearly passed out looking down, but luckily the ride wasn't too long. When we arrived at the top Sam said, "It's okay mommy, you can open your eyes now". Upon completing our boat tour and returning to Lucerne, we visited the Musegg Wall (the original city wall) and connecting towers. You can go climb the stairs inside of three of the towers, and again I nearly passed out for fear of the height and narrow stairs. I'm really going to have to get over this fear while we're living here.
Now for the photo overload- I really couldn't resist.
A picture of the steamboat which took us on our tour. It was foggy during the morning, so you could only see the outlines of the mountains. It was still beautiful.
In the background below you can see the track which took us up the mountain.
13 comments:
I can not get over how big my kiddies are!!! I love the pic where sams arm is around you and luke haha. I cannot get over the scenery, i really cant
It is so beautiful there! How lucky you are!!!
Oh my gosh, I LOVE reading you blog Jessica! #1 You crack me up. #2 You pictures are beautiful. and #3 What an amazing adventure you are having!!!
Can I come live with you? Sounds like I might really like it!
I've been to Lucerne! (This is the point at which we get to have snobby, exclusive conversations about how well traveled we are! yes!) I love the wooden bridge! Isnt it hundreds of years old, but part of it burned down or something like that?? I love the Alps! They look like they are glowing blue:) Good for you, being so brave and exploring! I would still be holed up in my Ikea house, eating chocolate and wanting to go home:)
I love that picture of Luke! Sent off passport app. for Trum last week... now on to plane tickets!!!!
Wow wow wow!!! BEAUTIFUL! What an awesome mini vacation for you guys!
Unbelievable, Jessica Marie!!! I can't believe you are off exploring Switzerland with your family... it's very inspiring reading your blog. I would give anything to have the money to have us bring the girls there! What an experience! Love you!
loving "The Help" now..
I'm so JEALOUS!
Okay, I'm with you. Those stairs are scary. It's funny how much more horrifying that kind of thing is to you as amom than it would have been to you before. Kids are just so clueless and constantly skating at the endge of danger, seemingly without knowing it.
Gorgeous pictures.
What a beautiful city! I love reading all about your fun new life in Switzerland and am a wee bit jealous;) It is absolutely breathtaking and looks like so much fun. I had to laugh when I read about your son's gap in his smile. I have so been there before. How funny! Cute, cute kids!
These pictures and the blog are amazing. I love the Lucerne pics, I visited there last summer and had a great time! Did you all see the sleeping lion in the cliff? What a beautiful little town. I hope you all are loving it out there. :)
Chris
Post a Comment