Last Saturday Andrew was working in the yard and found a worm. He called Luke over, who upon seeing the worm declared, "Awwww! He is so cute!" Luke then opened his hand and added Andrew's worm to the three he was already holding.
Then on the way to school this morning Luke stopped and picked up a dead worm. I yelled, "No! Don't pick up dead worms!" Luke responded with a laugh and said, "Why? Look how cute he is!"
Precious, right?
Thanks to Luke I no longer think of spring as the season of my birth, but rather the season of worms, mud, sticks and rocks. This is because he snuggles up with every worm in our yard, rolls around in the mud the moment he walks outside, and has to be holding a rock or stick at all times.
Honestly though, I can deal with the worms, I can deal with the rocks and sticks deposited throughout my entire house and minivan, but the mud? The mud is starting to get to me. After repeatedly washing my kids shoes last week and this week, I've decided that they can now play outside in their bare-feet.
5 comments:
Love the pictures, and I completely feel your pain with the mud.. cleaning just NEVER ENDS. ugghhhh
We're full of mud over here, too. Lillee is my worm lover, though. She scoops them up and adds them to our compost pile or the strawberry planter. She's always covered in dirt from head-to-toe. Connor doesn't like to get dirt....it's my girls that make a mess LOL
Ah the life of a mother with boys. I know it well friend.
PS- Now you can link to my blog. I will warn you though. It's been a little scary over there at times and you may come away with burns inside your eyeballs...
Just kidding!
cherish this time Jess....Childhood with Luke. What a treasure!
Post a Comment