Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Baseball, that's my game."

In the above picture (taken from the first day of school) you will see Sam wearing a shirt which says "Soccer- That's My Game".

Never was a falser statement claimed.

Not only is soccer NOT Sam's game, but he openly dislikes it. I signed him up for a soccer class this past fall and it was a complete disaster. Between mid-practice walk offs, and then outright refusals to go to his practices, it became apparent that I should have consulted Sam before signing him up.

So color me surprised when Sam expressed an interest in playing baseball this spring. This time however, before signing him up, I made him promise (in blood) that he actually wanted to play baseball and would not quit. He assured me that he really wanted to play, even informing me that "baseball, not soccer", was his game.

So far Sam seems to be true to his word. He really enjoys his practices, and even had his first game this past Tuesday. Most importantly, he is really having fun. Maybe baseball is his game after all.




5 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

Go Sam!!

Mary Killion said...

GO SAM! The soccer thing cracks me up--weren't you a big soccer star in high school? (That's what I remember from those days!) Baseball's great though. My sisters have already said they'll teach my girls how to play softball.
Butler's--YES I am in dire need of some good strawberries...I've been craving strawberry freezer jam and I'm anxious to make it :D

Kelly said...

I can totally relate to this post Jess. I am hoping my kids have finally found their thing. Up until now I have been the one dragging them to different things. This year they are loving lacrosse!

the phipps said...

Is he really that little baby that I have a picture of Kate hugging?? Oh my goodness! He looks so grown up! Afton is so very cute and I can't believe how grown up she looks too!

Mom said...

"So color me surprized"!! what a cute statement as is my grandson
Sam!