Monday, February 22, 2010

Random Moments- winter bla edition


We survived the blizzard(s) of 2010.
I say survived, but I still think only half of my brain cells are functioning. The two consecutive snow storms we received (the second one aptly dubbed "Snoverkill") resulted in Andrew's work and Sam's school (and the greater DC area) being canceled for the week. A WEEK! Being stuck inside of my house with my cabin fever-ed kids (both boys actually had fevers...Luke even threw up a couple of times) and stir crazy husband certainly took its toll. I did manage to get out of the house once to make a quick trip to the grocery store...yes, me and the rest of the world. We never did lose our power, but like many other lucky home owners, our back gutter did come crashing down from the weight of the melting snow and ice. All in all, we really cannot complain.

On a related note...I am D-O-N-E with winter. If you see a woman and her 3 young kids wearing shorts and sandals- it's likely us. I've decided that I'm going to will spring to arrive by dressing in warm-weather clothes.

Sam's new mission in life is to be dressed comfortably. The problem is that this kid's definition of comfortable is his pajamas. Since his mother does not find it acceptable to wear pj's to school, Sam changes into them the moment he gets home...which is 3:10 in the afternoon. He also puts up a fight when I try to dress him in jeans, khaki's or layers because they are not "comfortable." Maybe it is time to buy him a sweat-suit.

I started to digital scrapbook.
Yes, I'm a scrapbooker. It is annoying and immensely time consuming, but my family and I love the results. While stuck inside my house last week I decided to download a digital scrapbooking program. That may have been what kept me sane. Make fun of me all you want, but I am shamelessly converted!


















I have been hooked to the drama of men's Olympic figure skating.
I became a fan of the Olympics back in 2002 when Salt Lake City hosted the winter games. We were living in Provo at the time, so it was impossible not to catch the Olympic spirit. I was mostly into the skiing, snowboarding and speed skating competitions, but this year I couldn't get enough men's figure skating. The outfits, the moves, the catty remarks- it is SO much better than reality TV! Now that it is all over, Andrew and I are going to have to rent Blades of Glory (for which we have a renewed appreciation).







10 comments:

erinmalia said...

totally with you--sooo over winter. be gone! and take all this snow with you. blech.

Jake said...

Melissa got me Blades of Glory for my birthday over the weekend. Watched it yesterday. I was hoping for Plushenko to split the gold so he could push somebody off the podium.

Erica said...

Really Jess, Men's Ice Skating??? Does it beat the Bachelor? Maybe I will have to give it a try! You crack me up girl! And yes I have been watching that stupid, trashy shoe called the Bachelor! I am not sure why!?

Oh, love the digital scrapbooking. I have a program and have been wanting to do it...maybe I will!

Erica said...

I meant show, not shoe by the way. Oops!

Kristin and Dan said...

I am with you about being sooo over winter. I HATE it. But at least now we are living somewhere a little warmer than Logan! And great job with your digital scrapbooking!

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

Hello! Ice Dancing! You need to be watching it, two US rival teams, a russian team with a politically-in-correct aboriginal program, and 3 dances from each team instead of just 2. Last dance tonight. As you can tell I am entranced, Jack and I even had a fight about it!

Mary Killion said...

LOVE the scrapbook page! That was a beautiful day :)
We're so over this weather--it's ridiculous. Can't wait for some warm weather because we will have to get the kids together once more!

Stephanie Saunders said...

Yeah, wasn't it awesome?? We have a friend named Jason Weir and we told him how well his flaming brother did in the Olympics :)

Mom said...

Oh my gosh Jessica...you are way too funny and my laugh just exploded with the Johnny wierd picture!!...priceless. No, wait a minute that is for aftons picture
book!

Amazon Mama said...

Jess! I love your blog!