When the weather is nice we walk Sammy to school. The arrangement is that Sam walks, while I push Luke and Afton in a jogging stroller. During these short walks, Luke loves to twist around so he can talk to me. A few months ago he even took to calling himself my "co-pilot". Then about a month ago he asked, "Mommy, are you glad I'm your co-pilot?"
I can't begin to express how glad I am to have Luke as my co-pilot. From 6:30 am to 7:30 pm I have that little boy yapping my ear off. He says things that melt my heart, that make me laugh, and sometimes things that make me want to ring his neck. His is an imagination so vivid that I almost think he feels as much joy pretending to eat a lollipop as he would feel actually eating a real one. Of our 3 kids, he is easily the most affectionate. I'm slowly realizing that it won't be too long before he doesn't fit into my arms anymore. He's also my child that can fall asleep anywhere- like in a shopping cart at a store. He continually thinks he can do things beyond his years- which he occasionally can. But when he can't, he is seldom discouraged from trying again. The phrase "one of a kind" seems to fit Luke just right, and boy are we crazy about this little guy.
So, happy birthday Luke-- to the best co-pilot in the world.
9 comments:
4?! Holy smokes. Happy birthday Luke!
He is so cute. I do think he and my Elly need to get together one day. They could take over the world.
okay i love him even more.
Happy Birthday Luke! :D
Oh our sweet luke and what a sweet mothers sentiments. Thanks for sharing that thought of your little boy being your co-pilot. I loved that!
What a little munchkin! I actually got a little teary when I read about him being your co-pilot! We love that little man!
Happy birthday Luke!!!
Your kids are SO cute:) I love the 3-4 age range. They are still small enough to your baby, but not big enough to have the most amazing conversations with:)
okay, if you not gonna update the blog-then i expect pics sent to my email. k thanks love you
Post a Comment