Monday, October 26, 2009

Random Moments Monday


In an effort to write down more of the little things that happen in my family's life, I am introducing "Random Moments Monday". (Lori, this idea was stolen from you!) Look out, because "Dancing With The Stars" is no longer the best thing that Monday has to offer. I'm not sure what my format will be, or how frequently I will post this, but I guess that's part of the randomness…

  • $16- The amount I had to pay for Sam's Kindergarten field trip. Seriously, $16 for a field trip??? For kindergarteners??!! I can think of a million other things I would rather spend my money on, like treating myself to Chipotle. I did pay, (do I have a choice?) and Sam will be going to some local farm tomorrow. He did mention something about getting a pumpkin. Maybe it will be a magic pumpkin.

  • Phillies Games- Pretty much the only thing that has been on our TV lately. I believe this Wednesday is the first game of World Series...its about time we bought a second TV.

  • 8 pounds- How much weight Andrew gained during his 3 day trip last week. Andrew went to Connecticut to visit his friend Ryan and aside from playing video games and driving a Porsche (Ryan’s Dad’s), those two ate…a lot. The kids and I were supposed to go too, but with lingering illnesses we thought it best to bow out. Andrew had a great time and I was bummed we missed out on the fun.

  • 35 Miles- The round trip mileage from our home to Andrew's work. Andrew bought a bike (not a motorcycle) a few months back, and he's been tying to bike to work twice a week. With the extra pounds he put on this past weekend, I think he is shooting for 3 times this week.

  • Not sure- How I feel about Andrew riding bike into the city.

  • A half eaten peppermint, fruit snack, cheerios and paper- All things that Afton managed to get into her mouth at church (none of which originated from our family). That baby is insane. At one point I set her on the ground, and the next thing I knew she was on her belly ferociously licking a peppermint which was stuck to the ground (I don't know how I missed it). Gross, but kind of funny.

  • 12 recycling bags full of leaves and branches- How much I cleared out our yard this past week. I am dealing with a neglected yard here, so I’m really hoping that there won’t be so much maintenance required in the future. Here's to hoping!


  • 7 comments:

    Lori Ann said...

    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I give my 100% support to Random Moments Monday!! I demand it every monday!!! I loved your random moments, especially about your daughter licking that peppermint! We should get her together with my sisters kids, who are fond of eating stuff out of the trash:)

    Maren Hansen said...

    Ha, ha, love how they find the grossest things to eat. We used to call my (now 5 years old) 3rd daughter Pocket Mouth because she would put everything in her chubby cheeks and suck on them. Bugs, bark, rocks, twigs, food, small toys, marbles, you name it, it went in the pockets... It was awfully gross after about 30 minutes of sucking...

    Danielle said...

    I'm with Lori - I like Random Moments Monday!

    erinmalia said...

    for $16, it better be a magic pumpkin! what are our crazy county taxes paying if not for kindergartners' field trips!?

    (i'm not sure where to reply to your comment on my blog, so i'll post on mine and yours). yes, i have a jogging stroller. we run every MWF, weather permitting. i'd love company any day! just give me a call. do you have my number?

    Erica said...

    Jess I just bagged 18, and have more to go. The leaves just keep coming...at least it is only fall once a year! Keep up the good work!

    erin leigh said...

    This one is hiliarious!!!! I always forget that you were sooo funny. I love the weight and bike riding moments you write about your husband! Hahahaa..

    Sidra said...

    Oh! We miss you guys! I think if we could just live in the same city, I would stalk you until you were my best friend. Hehehe. Scott misses Andrew, too. I know I've mentioned this before, but Scott still says that Drew was one of his favorite people ever. Maybe someday I'll get my chance to stalk you, until then I will just write you weird comments on your blog (like this one).