\We've been settled for nearly 3 months now, and I'm happy to report that none of our rooms look like the above picture anymore (I cannot say the same for our closets). Since Andrew officially declared us "house poor", we've been taking it slow. Well, slow at least according to my standards (Andrew starts to hyperventilate if I even say the words "Home Depot", which I probably do in my sleep). I am grateful for his balance and perspective, as it has been extremely gratifying to see each little change take place. Most of our time and energy has been focused on cleaning up the outside, and one of my biggest regrets is that I did not get a "before" picture of the backyard. I have, however, been pretty good at taking pictures of the progress on the inside. So here you go-Family Room Before...
This is what the fireplace looked like prior to our purchase. I used to salivate just thinking about tearing off the stucco.
After we got home from settlement I went straight to the house and started to restore the fireplace. My mother-in-law and friend Merry (both below) also came over and were a huge help. THANK YOU!The Kitchen
Look carefully for the oven. Yup, that's it, on the ground in the eating area. Eventually we'll put the oven back where it is supposed to go (in the kitchen) but for the time being, it works just fine.
The Boys Room After...My sister-in-law Jen put up chair rail in this room (I helped a little). She did a fantastic job and I love how the boy's room turned out.
Afton's roomAnd of course, we have Afton's room. When my mom first saw it she said, "Ohh wow! It's pink! I didn't think you were a pink type of person!" I'm typically not, but then again, a lot of things seem to be changing as I raise these kids...I guess that's life for ya.




15 comments:
Your house is so cute! I especially love the dining room...lots of character. I am so glad that you took the stucco off the fireplace, it looks a thousand times better!
of course everything looks beautiful. but my comment is really about the oven.
what the...?!
Jess, it looks great! I love your house!
Yay for house pictures!! Everything looks fabulous - I especially love the dining room (awesome wainscoting) and the kids rooms! Good job!
Can you come and decorate my home?
Looks great!!! Glad you're feeling a bit more settled, I know it was a rough summer without a house.
How exactly did the oven end up there? ODD! Let me know if you need the name of a good contractor, Al works with a couple nice renovators.
LOVE IT! The house looks absolutely beautiful inside! We can't wait to visit!
Ooh, the dining room is lovely. And I absolutely love what you did with the bedrooms!
So grateful you got your home. You deserve it and its beautiful!! Stay happy and safe.
I'm so jealous of your fireplace, too. Afton's room is beautiful. And I'm with a previous commenter - why would anyone put the oven there?
Your house is awesome!
I love your house! So darling! I love blogs for this reason....across the country and I can say I have seen your house!
Wow! YOu guys have been super busy! It all looks so great. You sure have the decorating knack!
VERY cute--and good call on the stucco. The brick looks fantastic. You have such a good eye for the color and design. Do you consult?... :)
I was seriously tan in that picture! Now I miss summer. Oh and your house looks good too.
The boys' room is my favorite. It looks like a transformation you would see on TV! I'm so happy for you guys to get into such an awesome house.
Post a Comment