The problem is that I know deep down Afton does not believe in Santa, and me insisting that he is real has created some real trust issues between us. She is now questioning everything I tell her. So when we recently took a trip to Williamsburg and I brought up Pocahontas, Afton got all bent out of shape insisting that Pocahontas was only a Disney princess and that she wasn't real. For an entire afternoon I tried to convince her otherwise, but Afton wouldn't budge. As luck would have it, we came across a statue of Pocahontas herself, and after reading the blurb, Afton FINALLY believed me that Pocahontas truly existed. Based on the look on her face and how she snuggled up to this statue, you would have thought she met Pocahontas herself.
I'm chalking it up as Christmas miracle given by good old Saint Nick himself.
Update: 2 years later and Afton is a true believer of Santa! It seems we have put the skeptical years of kindergarten behind us.
No comments:
Post a Comment