Sunday, August 12, 2012

Berner Oberland one last time

We had a hard time deciding what to do with our last Saturday in Switzerland, but ultimately decided to spend it in the Berner Oberland.  For this trip we hit up a portion new to us and took a 3 mile hike which was fairly easy, but had stunning views. In order to reach the trail though we needed to take a gondola up the mountain, which deposited us at the top with bunch of cows. I'm more of an out-door animal person, and I've really grown fond of those Swiss cows. I just love hearing the chorus of cow bells while up in the Alps!


I love the picture below because right before I took it I told Luke not to touch the cow.
 




Don't worry, there is a trail right below Afton in the picture below. I'm not yet to the point where I would risk my child for the sake of a picture :)



Below: After our hike we went back down to Lauterbrunnen and finally hiked up to the waterfall that we had been meaning to get to for 2 years!



Goodbye Berner Oberland! I'm smiling on the outside, but crying on the inside.

1 comment:

The Walkers in NJ said...

Oh me too! LOVE this place which may rate as the #1 site-seeing place for me! So glad that your family was able to go back and visit this area before you left
Switzerland.....SO BEAUTIFUL!!