Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Potty Training Woes

Did you know that training toilets have many other uses besides being peed in???

For example, they make great helmets-



and great castles.


So far I have bought Afton two training toilets, and not once has used them for their intended purpose. As you can see from the pictures above, she uses them for many different (and often disturbing) things, but not as a potty. When I first introduced them to her our conversation went something like this:

Me: Afton, you need to pee in this potty.
Afton: No! It will get dirty.
Me: That's ok, I will clean it.
Afton: No! It is pink!
Me: It's ok, just use it.
Afton: Um, how about I use it with my diaper on?

I have a feeling that this is going to be a long process...

6 comments:

Erica said...

You need a really ugly potty for this princess! Good luck Jess! Sounds like you need it too. Isn't it funny we have to go through this so many times- potty training. Yikes! Not my favorite part of being a mother.

Stephanie Saunders said...

I'm pretty sure people tell you that girls are easier to potty train than boys so that they won't see your heart breaking when they tell you the truth...

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

You can always try the old, let them be naked all day method. I heard it works for girls. However I think it is a good idea to wait until it is warm and be outside all day in the yard. Your Swiss neighbors would surely approve of you letting your kids be "natural".

Jennie said...

I love that first picture. You can tell she has two older brothers with that sword in hand. Evelyn already picks them up, tries to poke you and says, "ahhhh" like she's been stabbed when she pokes you. I love Afton's big brown eyes! Nothing like sweet little girls with big brothers to keep them from being too girly.

Kristin and Dan said...

That first picture is great... sword in one hand, dolly in the other, and a toilet on her head. Priceless!

The Walkers in NJ said...

Is it any wonder why we love this child so much?!!:)