Nope.
Walking out of the airport felt like I had never left the good old U. S. of A. It was wonderful to be on home turf, and to be able to adequately communicate in public for the first time in a year. The only truly shocking moments occurred when we stumbled upon our daughter dressed up like this (might I note that she looks equally horrified)...
Also when we found Afton surrounded by all of her girl cousins and their American Girl dolls...
She actually looks pretty darn pleased with her luck in this time, doesn't she?
The two pictures above were taken at our Willis family reunion in Wheeling, West Virginia. Why West Virginia? Because it is the home of Ogelbay- a fantastic family resort filled with golfing, swimming, hiking, horse back riding, a nature center, zoo, train and trolley rides, and lodging large enough to fit all 27 of us.
The best part (as my sister in law pointed out) was that our year long absence seemed to have no affect in the kids. The boys ran to their cousins with open arms, while Afton reveled in the position of the youngest girl with 8 older girl cousins doting on her.

3 comments:
I am so happy that the kids got to spend time and have a blast with their cousins! Looks like you had a wonderful time. But,why does Afton look like she is 5 years old on that horse?!! Don't grow up too fast my baby!
wowww i felt the thrill of that west virginia trip just looking at the pics!!! that place looks awesome!!!!! I got to say though my favorite pic of this post is sam holding the snake and luke just kicking back with it haha. They both are just glowing to be back in school again!!! Words cannot describe how much I love luke in kindergarden english speaking! I MISS YOUUUUUUUUU ALLLL, my "fly" on the wall!!!! LOVE TREY
That pic of Afton on the horse is just too cute... including her little horseback riding helmet. That looks like the perfect place for a family reunion!
Post a Comment