Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Jungfrau



When Andrew's parents were here we ventured to the Jungfrau, also known as "The Top of Europe". As mentioned earlier, we made it about halfway up to the town of Wengen (this was planned). My brother, his wife and Andrew, however, made it to the very top this last Saturday. They took 4 trains to get there, and from our door it took them 4 1/2 hours to reach their destination. Looking at the pictures and based off of their description though, I would say that it was worth it (even with the intense sunburn that they all received).





There was a large tour group that dominated the place, so Dan and Andrew just decided to join in on their fun.



My brother, the crow whisperer





Kristin, inside of an ice cave





Dan and Kristin left yesterday, and with all of our company gone, this house feels empty. We had such a wonderful month with all of our visitors, and now we are going through withdraw!

2 comments:

The Walkers in NJ said...

What a neat place to visit, and a great time of year to do so! Looks like Dan was right in his element!

Kristin and Dan said...

No, I think WE are the ones that are going through withdrawals! I seriously cannot thank you enough for letting us stay with you. I have loved getting to go through all of the pictures (yep, all 2500 of them) to re-live the whole experience! We miss you guys! Dan is hoping that Sam doesn't grow out of his singing phase by the next time we get to see you guys! Ha ha. And I'm hoping that Afton will not forget her Aunt Tistin. WE MISS YOU GUYS!

btw, I STILL wish that I had taken a picture of the Indians in the carousel/walkway/door thing (whatever they're called). Priceless...