Tuesday, May 31, 2011

And baby makes 6. Whoa.

For those of you who weren't told by my dad 2 1/2 months ago, who don't get my father-in-law's monthly letters, who aren't on facebook, and who don't see me in person, I am pregnant.

As for the answers to the standard questions I have been receiving:
  • I'm due on November 6th.
  • So far I've been feeling good.
  • I love my Dr and feel comfortable delivering here.
  • No, this child will not be a Swiss Citizen (you need to have a Swiss parent for that).
Everything has been going smoothly, and we are excited to add another little tyke to our brood. My Swiss OB visits differ from my US ones, in that rather than listening to the heartbeat and measuring my belly each time, they just give me an ultrasound. During my 12 week visit they said that the baby looks like a boy, and during my 16 week visit they said that it looks like a girl. I'm gonna go with "alien" because that's what the baby looked like in the 3-D ultrasound. Has anyone seen one of these where the baby looks normal?

12 comments:

erinmalia said...

all of the family travel pics are simply lovely. i'm so happy that so many people have been able to come visit you.

and of course, congrats on baby 4. even though i'm totally with you, they're so much more alien than baby. i know the ultrasound techs want to sound like, "ooooh, there's your sweet baby." but come on, they don't look very babyish. anyway, congrats and hope you continue to feel good!

Danielle said...

Congratulations!!!

Kelly said...

Wonderful News! Not sure how I missed it until now. Can't wait for you to come back.

Britt said...

Congratulations! That's exciting!

Eisha said...

WHAT! THAT is so exciting!!!!! congrats! I hope it is a girl, two boys and two girls is perfect!

Eisha said...

ps. We SHOULD actually skype sometime....you have been abroad for almost a year now hu...I can tell you everything there is to know about bearing children abroad :-) Thomas was born in England

Sean and Jeannette said...

Congratulations, Jess!!!!!!!!

The Walkers in NJ said...

And, of course we are overjoyed with joy over the soon to be arrival of our 4th grandchild!!

Kristin and Dan said...

YAY!!! And you forgot to mention that you look fabulous with that cute little baby bump of yours. :)

Heather said...

Congratulations!! I laughed about the "alien" comment. But I'm sure whether it's a boy or a girl, he/she will be beautiful like your other kids.

And, holy crap -- all the pictures from your travels are awesome! I can't believe you live there. Amazing!

Erica said...

Super happy for you Jess! It is also super busy and that is why I haven't blogged! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this baby Megan and so it is all worth it!

Sidra said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys. Your kids are so cute and I love your pictures of your adventures (though I do get a little jealous:).