Me, "Hey boys! What do you guys want to do tomorrow?"
(At this point I'm staring at him, thinking how desperately we need to cut back on this cultural business and get that 7 year old enrolled in a sport.)
(I then realize that I really need to start keeping my opinions to myself.)
-------------------------
We settled by spending the bulk of our Saturday touring Baden- a little Swiss town about an hour away. It was beautiful (a cathedral was even briefly toured), but the highlight had to be the playground we encountered. Oh. My. Gosh. Watching our kids play, Andrew and I felt like our childhoods had been cheated. Set on a tree filled hill, beneath a huge bridge, this was a playground unlike any we had ever seen. My pictures do not even begin to do this place justice. In fact, it was so cool that I think we may just start touring the Swiss playgrounds from here on out.
And now... THE playground. What strikes us most about these playgrounds is that they are filled with things that you would NEVER find in a US playground- all because we would be too afraid that a child would get hurt. The Swiss really allow their children to explore and figure things out on their own. Also, I'm drawn to their simplicity and use of natural materials. Again, these pictures do not do adequately capture this place- it was enormous!
9 comments:
Oh! Our grandkids and yes OH! that playground!! So amazing that is for sure. The Swiss should pay you for being their live-in tour guide,
and great appreciation for all things that make up their way of life... from the Franach festival
(sure I messed up on the spelling) to that playground. Keep having a fun and safe time kids!love you~
the word is Fasnacht by the way. Not tooooo far off.
I my gosh! Isn't it wonderful what can be discovered outside the US? I am so happy for you guys, and a bit jealous : )
Kelly
Your kids are getting to experience some pretty amazing things at a very young age... lucky kids!
We're jealous of that playground!
WOW! That playground really does look amazing! I want to go play on it!
amazing!
Americans are so boring . . .
Americans are so boring . . .
Post a Comment