Saturday, March 20, 2010

Playing Hookie

Ok Ashley (sometimes known as "anonymous") this is for you-

I love the National Zoo. It has a huge assortment of animals and best of all it's free. You can have an amazing experience there, but the trick is to go when its not crowded and when the weather is just right. This basically leaves you with two options- you can either go on a school day during the fall, or on a school day during the spring. If you choose otherwise (like in the summer) you will likely die of heat exhaustion (this zoo is really hilly- not fun to push a stroller) and the only animals you will see are humans, humans and more humans. Trust me, I know this from years of experience.

Sam's been asking to go to the zoo all winter, so I promised him that when the weather warmed up he could miss a half day of school and we would go. I decided to make good on that promise last Thursday- which was a perfectly beautiful 70 degree day. Aghh, springtime.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh i love it!!!! afton is by far the cutest baby in the whole worlddd!!!!

Lori Ann said...

You are such a good mom! I bet your kids will always remember you "playing hookie" with them:) p.s. It is official, Afton is the cutest baby in the world! You HAVE to have one more baby and hope its a girl, because a little girl that cute needs a sister to keep her grounded! (and yes, you can name her Lori if you insist!)

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

You Rebel You!