Afton has claimed a "spot" in our house. More often than not I find this little baby sitting in the exact same spot- the left side of the fireplace hearth. I don't know why this particular place is so appealing to her, but she loves to sit there, perched with her little legs crossed. Try and take her from this place and you have one angry baby on your hands.
Sam attended a "Peace Day Dance". If none of the children in Sam's elementary school are sent to the office it is called a "Peace Day". These days are added up and after reaching a set number (25 peace days, 50 peace days), the children are rewarded in various ways. This last Friday they were rewarded with a school dance. This was held towards the end of the school day, and from what Sam has told me, all of the children gathered into the "All Purpose Room" where the lights were dimmed and a DJ played music. Sam's been demonstrating how he and his fellow kindergarten friends danced, and I would give anything to have seen it.
Luke's latest catch phrase: "Oh, now you've done it!" This is said in an angry voice, usually directed towards myself, concerning something that doesn't involve me at all. For example, Luke might knock over his cup of water, glare at me, and then say in an angry little voice, "Oh, now you've done it!" Ohhh, Luke.
Andrew had his first overseas work trip. Last week Andrew was sent to Switzerland where he attended a conference for work. He spent 4 days there, with the first being used for time adjustment and sightseeing. The neat thing about the city he was in is that it is located right on the border of Germany and France. Andrew took a tram to the border of France, walked in about 50 yards and turned around. Now he can at least add France to the list of countries he's visited. As for myself, I'm still batting 0 for 0.
The town square with the market
It snowed again. Will this winter ever end? The crummy thing about this past snowfall is that it made it near impossible for Andrew to get home from his trip. His flight landed at 3:30 pm and he didn't make it home until 8:30 pm. Since 90% of the taxi drivers appeared to be hiding from the snow, the journey home involved sharing a taxi to DC (which he cut way ahead in the line to do), hoping onto the metro and then catching a taxi home. This was all after a 2 hour train ride to the Zurich airport and then a 9 1/2 hour flight home. We're glad to have him back.
5 comments:
That picture of Afton is so cute! And those pictures that Andrew got are awesome, I would LOVE to go there!!!
the afton thing totally sounds like something rhett would do. and i love luke's little saying. hysterical.
and super jealous of andrew's trip.
Afton - your scrumptious
Luke - your insane
Sam - you will dance for me one day
Drewster - I'm jealous - beautiful pictures!
Jess - I miss you
My work once sent us to Ruby Tuesdays for lunch. I think we had a 10 dollar limit though:)
You need to get a babysitter and GO WITH HIM! I've been to Switzerland, Germany, and France and they are AMAZING. (Well, the water pressure is horrible, and the chocolate is not as good as I imagined, but..still amazing!)
That's why you need to go on the next trip!!!
I have taught my niece Elly the words "you beast" and "that's nasty". I will hear her saying them to her dolls, etc.
Excuse me, while I go accept my "aunt of the year" award:)
p.s. Your daughter looks just like you!!
HAHAHAHA I LOVE YOUR CHILDREN! They are awesome! Afton in her special spot made me smile. :)
We're glad Andrew got home all right, despite the snow. It took my family over seven hours to get back to NJ (they came down for a temple session). I hate traveling in the snow!
Post a Comment