Enough already! I know there was once a time in my life where I wished that my children would grow up faster, but I quickly realized the error of my thinking and changed my mind! With Sam in kindergarten, Luke in preschool and Afton on the move, it seems as if my children are already halfway out the door. Before I know it I will be reduced to stalking them in high school parking lots, work and even their own homes......sad!!!! I must verbally express this remorse often because Sam will periodically say, "I'm not going to grow up too quickly, right Mom?"Despite my best efforts these kids are continuing to grow. It was a strange feeling dropping off Sam on his first day of kindergarten. Even though I did not cry, I felt empty walking away from the school without the child who has continually been by my side for the last 5 1/2 years. I also felt resentment. I resented the school system for taking my child away from me for such a long period of time. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't resentful enough to consider homeschooling, but it is odd to think that aside from Saturday and Sunday, I now only have a few hours to spend with him each day. I guess we'll always have our summers.
With that said, Sam loves school. He is excited to go each day and when he comes home he often goes up to the office to create "worksheets" that he and Luke complete. I'm sure that will change once he starts getting homework in a couple of weeks. He has a wonderful teacher and I really couldn't have asked for a smoother transition.
Luke also started preschool this month, but he seems to be having a harder adjustment period. There is usually one small meltdown on the way home from preschool, but I'm optimistic that these will end soon. Aside from that, he seems to be having a positive experience and is extremely proud of the art work he gets to bring home. After two years of watching Sam attend preschool I think he is thrilled to have finally entered this stage himself.




10 comments:
AHH, so cute. Still now that those boys are out of our hair why aren't we livin' it up every day?
They are getting so big, Jess! I can't believe it! And I absolutely love that last pic of Afton too, by the way. Such a cutie and she's growing up so fast and I haven't even met her yet!
kindergarten? already? sheesh! he's not even my kid and i think he's growing up too fast.
Jess, your boys are so big! I'm just amazed to think our little boys aren't so little anymore. And Afton is beautiful; you have such a cute family.
We are in our 2nd year of homeschool and we love it! I know it's not for everyone, but for us it has been so positive.
Of course, I have my days where I think..."Hmmmm maybe public school wouldn't be so bad, I could use a daily break." Then I shake it off and remember what a blessing it is to have this opportunity to spend so much time with my children and be the main influence during such impressionable years.
The kids look so great and grown up. And AFTON!!! What a heartbreaker!!! Hope your doing good
What cute kids! They look so old! Are we really getting that old?
LOVE the pictures of the kids! They look so proud to be in school. We have to get these girls together soon so they can explore as a team! :)
I can't believe how big they're getting! I remember when he was barely walking! And I'm with you- I might be saddened when my kid goes to school all day, but not enough to make me consider home-schooling.
you have absolutley how bad i wanna see my awesome nefews and beautil lil neicy haha omgosh there mad big and i am sitting i the library totally laughing outloud of there "awkward smiles", i love it miss themmmmmm
& my spelling there is atrosiuos, my bad.
Post a Comment