
At this point in the parenting game, I feel that Andrew and I have been exposed to the majority of what a toddler and preschooler can offer. We’ve been mortified by public meltdowns, Poison Control is programmed into our phone, we've made ER visits, cleaned up insane messes and made enough apologies to last a lifetime. The bright side is that these incidences seem to be dissipating the older my kids get. I’ve been excited at the thought of having children who only become more reasonable and mature with age. What I was not expecting, and what has caught me totally off guard, is the back talking. Suddenly we have a 5 year old who loves to use the word “hate” and says things like “I don’t like your rules. I want to live in MY OWN house”. He now also feels the need to articulate his little observations.
No, I still maintain that 6 months is my favorite age. What a shame it is so short lived.



10 comments:
she's really starting to look like the other two. which is to say, totally adorable.
sorry about the sassy mouths! maybe i shouldn't be so excited for rhett to start talking.
I agree--I like six months too. The pictures of Afton are beautiful!
She's just as beautiful as her mama. I know what you mean--I also LOVE 6 months. By that time, i'm also starting to feel better too. Prepare for the back-talk to only worsen for at least another decade...
Yeah, six months is great. They no longer just sit and drool- they smile and laugh. But they don't move or back talk yet. Great stuff.
Today I was doing Olivia's (5 yr) hair for school she said "mom, you don't know what your doing! You're going to make me look like an idiot!" I was doing a ponytail...
Ha those stories make me laugh! Afton is getting so big I can't believe it! Can't wait to actually meet her sometime! But for now these cute pictures will have to do!
She is a beauty...she looks so much like you guys! Uh, at 6 months Ty was crawling everywhere...so I am not sure that is a magical age in my book. I like at the ages and stage though!
I can't spell...I meant I like all the ages and stages!
I'm jealous! Tyson was so collicky (sp?) that I really did not start enjoying him until he hit about a year old. Sad huh. Now he is my little goofball!
Oh Jess....she is absolutely beautiful. I'm sorry you're going to have to start swatting the boys away at a very young age. Maybe her responsive and articulate brothers can scare them off with their brilliant comments!! "You leave my sister ALONE!!" :O) Miss you my dear art bud and my dear friend!! -Jeannette
Post a Comment