Let's back track...
When we accepted an offer on our condo in March we scheduled our settlement date for mid-May. Six weeks would be plenty of time for us to buy a home, right? WRONG! Finding the home we may potentially spend the rest of our lives in is taking a little bit longer than we anticipated. And to think we thought this would be easy!
Luckily, Andrew's parents only live 5 minutes away and have plenty of space to comfortably accommodate our family. They made it clear from the beginning that if we did not find a home by the time our condo sold we could move in with them. This knowledge saved us from multiple stomach ulcers and premature aging. We are extremely grateful to have such generous parents who have welcomed us with open arms.
During this past week I have experienced a broad range of emotions. As I was packing up our condo I was feeling extremely nostalgic. Sam was just a year and a half when we moved in and since then we have welcomed two more babies. Its where we have raised our children for the past four years, so of course there are countess memories associated with it. It has been such a simple and happy time of our lives.
I've also felt extremely panicked. Are we ready for the responsibilities and baggage that come with a house? Then of course there is the looming question... where on earth (well at least in Montgomery County) are we going to live?!?!?
But mostly, I've been feeling excitement. As much as we have loved our condo it is time to move on. I was excited yesterday thinking that it would be the last time that I would have to lug my children up 3 flights of stairs. Basically, I think I'm excited to start the next phase of our lives.
So, farewell condo, and thanks for the memories!
8 comments:
bye bye condo! i can't wait to see where (in rockville ward, cough cough) you end up!
Wow, cute condo! I'm pretty sure our place has NEVER looked that clean. And not just because the carpet is old... :) Good luck house hunting!
Wow, you make homeless sound not so bad :)Isn't it wonderful to have supportive in-laws!
I hope you guys are able to find a great house, soon. But if not you at least don't have to feel pressured into finding a place and settling for something you don't particularly like.
Good luck and let us know if there is anything we can do to help! You know, Al has his own remodeling business, now. I guess he started it the year after you guys moved out of Rockville ward. So if you see a house that's almost perfect he may be able to help make it perfect :)
Just for the record, I would give my left leg to live in your condo :-)
What a cute condo. I'm glad you guys are still close for now anyway! I hope the house hunting finds you a place nearby.
That's so exciting...and the place looks just like I remember it. Good luck with the hunt.
Boo, hoo! I am all alone now! I refuse to look at your old place as I drive by it from now on!
OH Jess! I was fine with your move until you showed us home pictures!
Every place you will find is a special place because it holds memories of your life.
Post a Comment