Postpartum jean shopping. Road Trips. Driving through Nebraska OR Kansas. Sick kids. Potty training. Cockroaches. March Madness. Dickie V. Jimmy Buffett.The above are all things that I hate, and now I have something new to add to my list...house hunting. We sold our condo 1 week ago (YEAH!), but since then I've been on the brink of losing my mind. I thought that finding a house would be fun and exciting...ohh how young and naive I once was. Why was I not adequately warned of the stress that accompanies this process???
Dragging my children house to house...not fun. Keeping my children from touching the personal property of others...not fun. Trying to find a house in our budget, in a good neighborhood, with good schools AND close to the metro...NOT FUN! With that said I think the hard part is over. There have been tears, gnashing of teeth and hair pulling. We've aggressively scoured the county and I think we have narrowed down our search to 3 neighborhoods. At this point we are just waiting for the right house to pop up.
In addition to selling our condo and house hunting here are some extra happenings for us this past week-
- Luke now requires CONSTANT supervision while awake. His latest activities include shoving mounds of toilet paper in the toilet, coloring 70% of his body with marker, and overflowing our bathroom sinks with water.
- I've now embraced the official "mom on the go" uniform- jeans (or sports pants), a sweatshirt, and sneakers. Ensemble completed with wet hair thrown into a ponytail and minimal makeup.
- Afton has decided that she no longer likes to sleep in her car seat, thus making the whole "mom on the go" thing a little tricky.
- The cherry blossoms arrived this week!!! I'm convinced that the Japanese were thinking of me when they gave the US the cherry blossom trees nearly 100 years ago. We went downtown Saturday morning and were able to enjoy them during their peak period. Between that and General Conference I have to say that the week definitely ended on a high note.



8 comments:
Good luck with the house hunting! (And Luke! Ha ha) that's exciting that you guys finally sold your condo!!
congrats on selling the condo. what a relief that must be. and remember, there is a house for sale down the street from us. :)
and as long as that sweatshirt isn't appliqued, your mom outfit is just fine.
Congratulations on selling your condo! That's wonderful! And good luck with the house hunting--I know you'll find a great place soon.
I can't wait for Liz and Afton to play together because they will be too cute! And we are totally excited for some Cape May day trips during the summer; being close to the beach again will be so good. :)
Wait...you HATE Jimmy Buffett? And March Madness? I didn't know that was allowed!
(I found your blog through Dave and Tracie's and it's been fun catching up. Your baby is gorgeous! Congratulations!)
Those pictures look great! I love the wind blown look on you!
WOW! sold your condo...that is the really hard part and now it's out of the way!
Keep us posted on house hunting and feel free to drop the boys off here if you need to look at more houses.
Jessica,
saw your blog on the Murdocks, hope you don't mind. I am so happy that you sold your condo. That is exciting! I wish that finding the perfect house would be just as exciting, but you guys will find something soon I am sure. cute cherry blossom pics.
Yeah, I love how the youngest one is never in pictures because they're usually in the stroller. Plus, let's be honest. Sometimes they're kinda boring. And I agree- post-partum jean shopping sucks.
Post a Comment