Thursday, March 12, 2009

One more gift just for me...

When I discovered that our neighbor was moving I thought that there was no way this month could get any better. Ohhh was I wrong! Anyone living in the East knows that for the last week or so we have had weather in the 70's. After what has seemed like a never ending winter, this is just what we (I) needed. It has been so nice to let my stir crazy boys get outside and run, jump and play til their little hearts are content.

Andrew had the day off on Friday, so we went down to Great Falls and hiked a portion of the "Billy Goat" trail. The next day we headed downtown and hit up the newly reopened American History Museum. While fun, it was packed and my kids kept looking for the dinosaurs (sorry boys, wrong museum). Since it was such a nice day we decided to skip out early and walk around the mall and memorials for a while.




Andrew and the boys at the base of the Washington Monument

Now the only thing that could possibly make our March better would be if our condo sold...of course that just might be asking too much for one month.

4 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

Ah the 70s?! How would it be! I am sooo sick of winter its not even funny. If you saw our blog, you saw how much snow we got overnight in Logan.. It made it even worse cause it happened the day after we had 50 degree temps, so I had spring fever and then the snow just had to come!!

Amanda said...

the terrible neighbor moved and you want to sell, now?!?! Are you looking for a bigger place or moving on from the area?

erinmalia said...

i'm so with you. it was an awesome week. there's just something about 70-degree weather that is invigorating.

Stephanie Saunders said...

Don't you love those unexpectedly nice days?