Monday, February 2, 2009

Let the torture begin!

Some of my fondest memories are of my mother making matching dresses for me and my sisters and then having a nice little photo session with us. If you can't sense the sarcasm here (which is likely) then let me be more clear- it was torture! I am 11 years older than my youngest sister, so by the time she was born I felt a little too old to be playing dress up. Of course my complaining did not deter my mother, who in hindsight made some pretty impressive dresses complete with puffed sleeves and smocking! (I'm sorry for being so difficult Mom!)
While I do not see myself making dresses (I'm NOT that talented), I do see myself getting out of control with the girly photo sessions. I know that as Afton gets older she will hate them, so I'll do myself a favor and apologize in advance!



9 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

Love love love these! She's adorable Jess! But I still can't believe her dark hair and skin coloring!!

Stephanie Saunders said...

Come on!! I thought you'd be posting some of those photo session pictures that you went through! She's a doll :)

erinmalia said...

adorable. i think she has luke's eyes. what do you think?

Maren Hansen said...

I LOVE them and I'm pretty sure you won't be apologizing for these... ;)

Erica said...

So Beautiful! Wow! And where are those picture of you many years ago. Lets see them!

Jon and Emily said...

You're making me really jealous that you got your little girl! Cross your fingers that #3 for me will be a girl too! So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

She is a beauty! Maybe I should dig out some of those dresses for Afton as she grows!...who knows she may love them from Grandma!

Tracie Bramhall said...

The picture are so darling. She is beautiful.

By the way, we are having one boy and the other is still a mystery.

United Spouses of America said...

Ok so WE HAVE TO DO THIS! She looks adorable!