Friday, February 6, 2009

Afton's Blessing Weekend

By reading this blog it may appear that Afton gets all of the attention, but I promise that it's not like that at home! (OR is it???) At any rate she'll have to move on out of the spotlight for Luke's 3rd birthday which is in a couple of weeks.

However, this past weekend it WAS all about Afton as the family gathered for her baby blessing. I admit that I have been looking forward to this weekend for the past month and it did not disappoint! Family, friends and good food....what could be better? We were able to take my parents and sister to the Dullas Air and Space Museum, and if you ever come for a visit its likely we'll take you there are well. I'm really not even interested in planes or any other flying contraption, but I can't get enough of that place. Its pretty cool. We were also able to see our friends Mary and Chris (I grew up with Mary), who were in the area looking for housing....yeah! They have a little girl who was born 2 days before Afton, so it was fun to see the two babies together.





These are some pictures from the lunch following the blessing. My favorite line of the weekend came from my mother who said (while looking at Afton), "I know this baby. Why does she look so familiar?" No, she was not having a "Saturday's Warrior" moment. It's just proof that ALL of my babies have looked just like my brothers, sisters, and I did as babies! (I would add some pictures if I weren't too lazy to scan them in.)

The two Grandmas


Mary, Chris and baby Lizzie


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Were you so excited to find out you were having a girl? Its fun to have both genders and so much fun to dress up little girls! However, this means you MUST have at least one more..you dont want Afton to grow up without a sister! p.s.- Where did you get the name Afton? It is really cool. I want to name my future daughter Lily October and my sisters keeping saying NO!

Sarai Stones said...

Congrats! She is a beauty!

Anonymous said...

We love that baby Afton!! Thanks for a special weekend with our families!!

Erica said...

AHHH! She is so stinkin cute! I LOVE the first picture of her. You are a great photographer too. I am so glad you had a great weekend.

Paul, Nat, Syd, and Maggie said...

She is such a pretty baby. I loved her dress. I think the photo shoots are fun. We had a lady come and take pictures with Sydney and she was there for 2 hours so she could get her sleeping and awake. It was fun.

Mary Killion said...

We LOVED seeing you guys--and we'll see you again before we know it! Thanks for being amazing!!
I'm stealing those pictures, too ;)

erin leigh said...

It was good to see pics of Janet and Clint...just watch the young women's group your daughter decides to hang out with. I was watching the young women at church a few weeks ago and laughing at how the thought of you,me, lor and rebecca..not a good combo..but fun.

Danielle said...

Jessica,
Your family is so cute! Your mom and dad have not aged one bit.