Monday, June 16, 2014

Summer Begins!!

Since we have membership to our neighborhood pool, I decided we would spend the first day of summer break there. I got our bags ready, the kids in their swim gear, myself suited up, and lathered us all with sun block. I even packed a picnic lunch. Not an easy fete! Right as we were walking out the door, Afton turned to me and said, "I think I am going to throw up!". She then proceeded to barf everywhere.

Our summer was off to a bang. 

So we went with plan B. I dug out the sprinkler and water toys, and the kids who weren't throwing up had a party in the back yard. Not a bad start after all.

So far this has been a pretty relaxed summer. I have loved not having a structured routine! We are a lot slower in the mornings, and often aren't out of the house before 10 or 11- right when the pool opens. There has been lots of pool time, library trips, reading snuggled up on the couch, backyard fun, and some downtown trips to places like the National Cathedral and National Zoo. Hooray for summer!










1 comment:

The Walkers in NJ said...

The kids can't get any cuter then looking our of that "Castle" window-again a European flashback!!