Monday, January 20, 2014

Sam's 10th Birthday


We have officially been parents for 10 years. 10 years!! I remember right before Sam was born thinking that we were pretty well prepared for what was to come. I mean, I read all of the recommended parenting books, and I did just graduate college after all. How hard could parenthood be? Ha! The moment they put Sam into my arms I knew I had no clue what I was doing. I remember thinking, "What in the heck did I get myself into?"

10 years later and I couldn't have been given a more wonderful first child to show me the ropes of motherhood. As a mom, I have made, and continue to make, lots of mistakes. Lot and lots of them. Fortunately Sam is an extremely forgiving child who lets us move on from my mistakes. It is one of the traits I love best about him.

It has been such a privilege being this child's mom. He is kind, fun, and enthusiastic about life. He is a great leader and example to our other kids. Most of all he finds a lot of joy in doing what is right.

Of course, that doesn't mean the kid is perfect. Fortunately for him, he has very forgiving parents who love him dearly. :)


Sam's bday party with some friends. 

Later celebrating with Grandma, Grandpa and Pete.


No comments: