This girl really, really wanted a birthday party with friends. But here is a little fact about me and December birthdays: it is really, really hard to muster up the energy to throw a birthday party during the holiday madness. So what did I do? I called in the family reinforcements, made up some cupcakes and a cake, and arranged to have everyone go see Frozen at the same time. Afton was in heaven, and for the millionth time, I thought how lucky we are to have grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins all living so close by.
Afton in her birthday tutu and crown which was passed down by cousin Grace.
Watching this little girl grow up is such a joy. The easiest way to sum up Afton is that she is enthusiastic about life. She is a happy, inquisitive little girl who loves passionately. We feel so blessed to have her in our family!
2 comments:
in my family, December and January birthday people have opted for cake with family on real birthday, and a half birthday party in the summer. Presents six months apart are better than presents twice in one week.
I love that idea, and I think we may start that up- especially since all the kids have winter b-days!
Post a Comment