Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Annapolis and Philly










I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but I have a father who HATES cities. HATES them. We live in the suburbs, a good half away away from the DC border, but every time my dad comes to visit he bemoans our "city, yuppy lifestyle". In the 7+ years we have lived here I think he has been to DC once. Once! He frequently scratches his head, because all of my siblings and I love visiting cities. It must be something about forbidden fruit.

ANYWAY. We love em, and we make a point to visit them every so often. We recently visited Annapolis (not sure you could really call it a city) and Philadelphia via our Willis family reunion. Good times were to be had at both.

Annapolis

     



On the way home from Annapolis we stopped at Sandy Point State Park where everyone took a swim in the Chesapeake Bay. Well everyone except for me. As a native Jersey girl, I will always maintain that swimming in the bay is gross. I will boat on it, I will dine on it, but I will never swim in it.


Philadelphia

     

   

1 comment:

The Walkers in NJ said...

How did I miss this post about Dad? spot on! yes thats right, spot on!