We started the summer out like rock stars. I was full of energy and full of ideas and plans. Of course this didn't last very long (summer is 10 weeks for crying out loud!), but we sure started out with a bang.
We joined our neighborhood pool this year and we spent many a mornings there.
The secret to my summer success were books on tape. After lunch I would put one on and the kids would start like this...
...and inevitably end like this. It is my most brilliant move to date.
We did some berry picking at Butler's.
We explored the butterflies and gardens at Brookeside.
We hit up lots of playgrounds.
And my efforts were rewarded with things like this:
Not a bad gig I have. Not bad at all.
2 comments:
LOVE EVERY SINGLE PICTURE of these Beautiful Grandchildren of ours!! Love your "summer success" stories too!!
What in the world? I swear I have checked your blog countless times in the past months and there were never any updates - then all the sudden I come to it today, and there are posts all the way back from March that I haven't seen! Anyway - love all the pics of your kiddos. Afton and Clara look like they have grown up so much in the past year since we've seen them. I can't believe it's already been a year! And may I add... your birthday party for Luke is straight out of a magazine. So perfect in every way!
Post a Comment