Yesterday we spent the day in the Berner Oberland. "Wow" is all I have to say about that. Actually, I'll also add gorgeous, breathtaking, stunning, relaxing and another "wow" for good measure.
I'll also add this description: The Berner Oberland is a region of the Swiss Alps with a ton to do and discover. We focused on the Alpine towns of Mürren and Gimmelwald. Mürren is a little more touristy but still completely charming, while Gimmelwald seems to have remained almost untouched by tourism. We saw lots of locals working on their farms, and even had the chance to enter a little hut which housed aging cheese.
Above: Luke in Alpine heaven, below: taking the cable car down to Gimmelwald.
Above you can see my belly is all of it's 8 month glory. No, I am not having twins, and yes, I can and will get larger. I've decided that the next time I get asked either of those questions (which seems to happen daily- by women no less!), the claws will come out.
Below is the cheese hut we encountered. It was basically a tiny little room with shelves of "Alp Cheese" aged 1-3 years. The owner said that he sells his cheese to restaurants in Geneva.
5 comments:
Oh! I want to go to the cheese hut too and pretend I'm Heidi!
Jess you look fabulous! And, if you were having twins I would be doubly excited!
oooh, i've been there and it's sooo lovely! and seriously, you look amazing. in fact, instead of twins, i'd ask if you are having a half-baby, because that's how good you look (and yes, i just made that up).
Hahaha to the "half-baby" comment. That is awesome. But no, seriously Jess, you look great. Really really.
And I'm crying a little inside right now as I read your post, because I really want to go back to Switzerland. I think that it's a bug - because I've definitely caught it.
Sometimes I think I made a comment on here but upon investigation I didn't. It was all just in my head. So here's my comment: Gorgeous! Put it on my list of places to visit "next" time.
Post a Comment