Sunday, August 7, 2011

USA: Part 1

We came, we saw, we conquered.

That really is all you need to know about our 3 week trip to the US. It was filled to the brim with action, family, friends, shopping and FOOD. Oh, how we ate (curse you Cafe Rio, Turkey Hill ice cream, grilled hamburgers, fudge, cowtails...). The first half of our trip was spent in Cape May with Grandma and Grandpa Walker, Aunt Ashley, Aunt Becca and Uncle Joe. We did every touristy thing imaginable, and it was awesome.

The Beach
We naturally went to the beach a lot during our Cape May stay. The picture of Afton and the boys below is my favorite. In it, Afton is running towards the water with her arms outstretched singing, "That's where my life be-gins!!!" (This is from the scene in Tangled where Repunzel first leaves her tower).





Renting Surrey Beach Cruisers with my mom and sisters. I've never laughed so hard.



Picnic & Hiking at the point




Celebrating Grandpa Walker's Birthday



Riding in the backyard on Grandpa Walker's mini-tractor. *Side note: When we arrived at my parent's their entire backyard was transformed into a kid's paradise. The trampoline was set up, bikes, balls and trucks were placed everywhere, and they built a sandbox just for the 11 days that we were there. So sweet!



Boat Riding & Dolphin Watching around Cape May







There were tons of dolphins so close to us everywhere-



the rides at the Wildwood Boardwalk





And lastly- a Pirate Boat Cruise



One of my dad's good friends has a son who works on this cruise. He got wind that my dad would be coming and arranged to have my dad treated like one of the children- complete with face painting and rootbeer... he handled it like a champ.



During the cruise a small "pirate boat" comes and attacks your ship with water guns. When this part happened we were surprised to see a second boat approach with my brother Joe and two of my dad's friends in it. They waited in the harbor until it was time to "attack" and then got us. It was hysterical.



Thank you mom and dad was an awesome trip! I always say that my kids are spoiled, but it is safe to say that we were all spoiled rotten on this trip. My only regret is that I couldn't teach you how to say "no". Say it with me now: "No, Afton, Luke and Sam. You may not have ice cream for breakfast".

6 comments:

Lori Hinsdale said...

Yay!! I am glad you had so much fun. I always remember your parents as being hilarious and awesome. They sound like crazier grandparents than my parents! I've been waiting for you to update..gosh, you would think you have 3 kids and are pregnant and have lots of responsibilities or something:)

Lori Hinsdale said...

p.s.- I'm glad Andrew liked my blog and your marriage survived the ultimate test! Tell him that I am going to racket up the scandal and drama in my posts, just for you both:) But seriously, your comments are always the funniest/ coolest thing about my blog. :)

The Walkers in NJ said...

I just can't say it! I repeat: I just can't say it! What I will say is that Afton is a joy to behold, the boys are the coolest ever and we enjoyed every minute with your family while you were here!

ps.........does anyone besides me think I look like the nutty professors daughter as I rode on the bikes? Everything was working against me!

Jon and Emily said...

Jess, I know you are bound to be influenced by all things European but honey, please oh please, not the swim suits! :) Sad we didn't get to be a part of your USA visit :(

Erica said...

I am so glad you had a good time Jess. It was great seeing you. Cute posts.

Kristin and Dan said...

I am FINALLY getting caught up on your blog... I am so behind! Your trip sounds like so much fun. That picture of Afton running towards the water singing cracks me up! That is soooo Afton. Love it. We really wish that we could have been out there when you guys were out. And Cafe Rio... Yes please!!